This project aims at building up a critical mass of national capacity, both in government institutions and in civil society, and to provide general programmatic and managerial support to the Organization’s activities in safeguarding intangible cultural heritage in Lao PDR and other countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
To that end, the project has started to implement an integrated capacity-building strategy, including a series of well-prepared workshops and activities, tailored to respond to the identified needs of Lao PDR. Themes covered in training workshops are the implementation of the Convention at the national level and community-based inventorying of intangible cultural heritage. There is also a workshop designed for preparation of nominations files to the Urgent Safeguarding List and the Representative List, proposals to the Register of Good Practices and International Assistance requests. Likewise, assistance is provided for the field activities to inventory intangible cultural heritage in pilot sites which will be organized by the implementing partner after the training workshop on preparation of files.
- 2014-01-30 – The Lao People’s Democratic Republic’s national capacities reinforced
- 2014-01-20 – Training on the use of the mechanisms of the 2003 Convention for the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Lao PDR
- 2013-06-12 – Lao PDR on its way for safeguarding its rich intangible cultural heritage through community-based inventorying
- 2013-06-11 – Lao PDR: workshop on community-based inventorying of intangible cultural heritage
- 2012-06-11 – Capacity building workshop on the implementation of the 2003 Convention at the national level
٠١/٠٦/٢٠١٢ - ٠١/١٢/٢٠١٤ – Strengthening national capacities for effective safeguarding of intangible cultural heritage in Cuba, Dominican Republic and Haiti٠١/١١/٢٠١١ - ٠١/٠٥/٢٠١٤ – Safeguarding Intangible Cultural Heritage through the Strengthening of National Capacities in Asia and the Pacific