The global capacity-building strategy is a comprehensive, long-term engagement with Member States to create institutional and professional environments for safeguarding intangible cultural heritage. It addresses the following needs and priorities:
- Redesign of institutional infrastructures
- Revision of cultural and other policies and legislation
- Development of inventory methods
- Development of effective safeguarding measures
- Participation in international cooperation mechanisms
Financial support welcome
We welcome all financial support to keep the momentum and expand the regional and thematic outreach of the strategy. A word of thanks goes to the different donors who have provided financial contributions, some symbolic, others substantial, to support projects for the safeguarding of intangible cultural heritage. For more information on supporting capacity-building see our donors and partners page.