The twelfth session of the Intergovernmental Committee for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage will take place in Jeju Island (Republic of Korea), from 4 to 8 December 2017.
Afghanistan, Algeria, Armenia, Austria, Bulgaria, Colombia, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Hungary, India, Lebanon, Mauritius, Mongolia, Palestine, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Saint Lucia, Senegal, Turkey and Zambia
- Bureau: Composition and meetings
Vacant seats in the Evaluation Body
The Evaluation Body was established with a system of rotation, by which three of its twelve members be appointed at each session of the Committee. During the next Committee, following seats are to be filled:
- Electoral Group III: one accredited NGO (164 NGOs are currently accredited)
- Electoral Group IV: one accredited NGO (164 NGOs are currently accredited)
- Electoral Group V(b): one expert
The calendar stands as follows:
- 9 October: States Parties send candidatures to the Chairperson of their Electoral Group;
- 20 October: the Chairperson of each group sends at least 2 and max 3 candidatures to the Secretariat;
- 3 November: the Secretariat publishes working documents of the Committee, including the list of candidatures;
- During the 12th session, the Committee appoints the three new members.