Benefitting country(ies): Lebanon
Within the framework of this project, UNESCO will provide advisory and training services to build capacities for the implementation of the 2003 Convention at the national level in Lebanon.
The activities will benefit the range of different stakeholders involved in safeguarding ICH (government officials, associations, academics, researchers, communities, groups and individuals). The project will build on the activities that have already been carried out for the implementation of the 2003 Convention in Lebanon so far. Particular attention will be given to training potential future national trainers on the implementation of the 2003 Convention in different Ministries and at decentralized level throughout Lebanon.
News and activities:
- 2020-07-01 – Safeguarding Intangible Cultural Heritage in Lebanon
- 2020-06-22 – Workshop on Cooperation and International Assistance in the field of Intangible Cultural Heritage
- 2020-02-27 – Workshop on preparing nominations to the Lists of the 2003 Convention
- 2019-07-29 – Inventorying intangible cultural heritage practices in Lebanon
- 2019-06-24 – Workshop on the community-based inventorying of intangible cultural heritage
- 2019-02-20 – Workshop for the Implementation of the 2003 Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage
12/02/2019 - 12/08/2021 – Supporting natural and cultural sustainability through the revitalization and transmission of the traditional practices of worshipping the sacred sites in Mongolia19/07/2018 - 09/07/2021 – Inventorying oral traditions, expressions, local knowledge and practices of the Korekore of Hurungwe district in Zimbabwe