This project is the result a of needs assessment in the field of intangible cultural heritage that was made possible thanks to the financial contribution of the Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority (ADTCA).
Also funded by ADTCA, this project is designed to support the Union of the Comoros in its efforts to safeguard its living heritage, in accordance with the 2003 Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage. In partnership with the Directorate-General of Arts and Culture, UNESCO will develop and provide a policy advisory service and a capacity-building programme based on needs that were identified earlier, in collaboration with national partners, during an evaluation mission to the Comoros conducted in March 2015.
To that end, UNESCO will provide expertise with a view to reinforcing the institutional and legal frameworks for safeguarding intangible cultural heritage in the Comoros, and will strengthen the capacities of DGAC which is responsible for safeguarding at the national level. In addition, training will be provided to the various partners involved in safeguarding intangible cultural heritage (National Centre for Documentation and Scientific Research, prefectures and communities).
- 2019-03-19 – Training Workshop on Participatory Inventory Development with Communities
- 2019-02-18 – Legislation/policy validation workshop
- 2019-01-17 – Comoros strives to strengthen its legislative framework for safeguarding intangible cultural heritage
- 2018-11-20 – Workshop on institutional and legal frameworks in Comoros for Intangible Cultural Heritage
- 2018-07-08 – Comoros launches activities to safeguard intangible cultural heritage
- 2018-06-25 – National workshop on the implementation of the 2003 Convention in the Comoros
- 2017-07-10 – Capacity-building projects in Comoros, Egypt, Palestine and Sudan
٣٠/٠٥/٢٠١٧ - ٣١/١٢/٢٠١٩ – Strengthening national capacities for safeguarding Intangible Cultural Heritage in Egypt for sustainable development١٩/٠٧/٢٠١٨ - ٣١/١٢/٢٠١٩ – Enhancing the capacity of communities to safeguard traditional dance expressions as performing arts heritage in western Zimbabwe