- Presupuesto del proyecto:
- 200.000 US$
- Italy Funds-in-Trust
- Fechas de implementación:
- 01/09/2008 - 01/05/2011
This project aimed at strengthening capacity-building for the Implementation of the Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage, raising awareness with regard to the use of mappings and increasing knowledge on the revitalization of intangible cultural heritage.
The projects included the organization of a series of sub-regional workshops, one in South America (Peru) and three in Central America (Panama and El Salvador), to reinforce institutional capacities to implement the 2003 Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage.
Through these workshops, the following results have been achieved:
- Raising awareness on the ratification and observance of the 2003 Convention;
- Appropriation of methodologies for approaching the safeguarding measures set out in the 2003 Convention;
- Positioning the issue of the safeguarding of the intangible cultural heritage in the political agenda of the region;
- Fostering the institutionalization of committees on the intangible cultural heritage.
01/10/2010 - 01/06/2011 – Strengthening national capacities for effective safeguarding of intangible cultural heritage: developing nominations for the Urgent Safeguarding List in Southern Africa31/01/2010 - 31/03/2011 – An inventory of elements of intangible heritage pertaining to the indenture experience in the Republic of Mauritius