- Presupuesto del proyecto:
- 150.008 US$
- Japan Funds-in-Trust
- Fechas de implementación:
- 01/01/2005 - 01/10/2008
Países beneficiarios: Colombia
Masqueraded dancers, actors and musicians delight crowds through performances marked by European, African and indigenous influences. To enhance the transmission of the tradition, the Children’s Carnival was created and has become a vital element of the carnival.
- Field research to create an inventory and database and to select the expressions of the Carnival to be safeguarded
- Creation of a cultural map of the Colombian Caribbean region
- Support of the formation of the Network of the Carnival of Barranquilla, consisting of institutions involved in the preservation of this heritage.
- Assistance to seasoned performers in order to enable them to transmit their extensive choreographic, theatrical and musical know-how to younger generations.
These activities are intended to raise awareness among the inhabitants of the region as to the value of their cultural expressions and the urgent need to safeguard them. Conditions ensuring the continuation of the Carnival will be reinforced through a network and support systems for the local community.
01/07/2006 - 01/11/2008 – Plan de Acción para la salvaguardia de las expresiones orales y gráficas de los wajapi en Amapa01/06/2005 - 01/08/2008 – Plan de Acción para la salvaguardia de La Tumba Francesa