UNESCO and the European Union in joint collaboration launched the project “Silk Roads Heritage Corridors in Afghanistan, Central Asia and Iran – International Dimension of the European Year of Cultural Heritage” in October 2018.
The main objective of the project is to strengthen the contribution of culture to sustainable development, notably through heritage-based tourism development, diversifying tourism products, safeguarding and promoting intangible cultural heritage, and delivering high-quality visitor experiences along the Silk Roads heritage corridors in the beneficiary countries. Furthermore, the project will improve the livelihoods of the communities in the region, including youth and women through capacity building and creating new income-generating opportunities.
The project will be implemented over the course of 36 months (October 2018 to September 2021) along the following main components:
• Valorization and promotion of tangible and intangible cultural heritage
• Strengthening capacities in heritage safeguarding, protection and management for the promotion of sustainable tourism
• Support to strengthen human and institutional capacities
• Awareness-raising initiatives to further promote and facilitate partnerships and improve communication
Noticias y actividades:
- 2019-06-18 – Intangible cultural heritage of the Silk Roads: Identification and Inventorying in Tajikistan
- 2019-05-14 – Intangible cultural heritage of the Silk Roads: Identification and Inventorying in Kyrgyzstan
- 2018-10-07 – Workshop on community-based inventorying in Afghanistan
04/10/2021 - 04/10/2021 – Community-Based inventory, documenting and safeguarding folklore of the Syunik region of Armenia18/08/2018 - 16/08/2021 – Programa de apoyo al sistema educativo para la transmisión del patrimonio cultural inmaterial