- Having examined document LHE/23/18.COM/21,
- Recalling decision COM 8.a.4 and Chapter I.12 of the Operational Directives,
- Takes note of Namibia’s request to modify the name of the element ‘Aixan/Gana/Ob#ANS TSI //Khasigu, ancestral musical sound knowledge and skills’ inscribed in 2020 on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding;
- Approves the modification of name proposed by Namibia, and decides to modify the name of the element to ‘Aboxan Musik ǀŌb ǂÂns tsî ǁKhasigu, ancestral musical sound knowledge and skills’ in English and ‘Les connaissances et les savoir-faire musicaux ancestraux d’Aboxan Musik ǀŌb ǂÂns tsî ǁKhasigu’ in French;
- Also approves to modify any reference in the text of the element stating ‘Nama-stap’ to be changed to ‘Nama≠Nāb’;
- Commends Namibia for addressing the wishes of the communities concerned by the element, in accordance with the cultural and linguistic aspects of the element;
- Requests that the Secretariat incorporate this modification into all its communications with respect to the element concerned.