- Having examined document LHE/22/17.COM/13,
- Recalling the Chapter VI of the Operational Directives, Resolution 9.GA 6, as well as Decisions 14.COM 10 and 16.COM 5.b,
- Reaffirms the important role of intangible cultural heritage for an inclusive social, economic and environmental development, welcomes the progress made in the implementation of the thematic initiatives on the (i) economic dimensions of safeguarding intangible cultural heritage, (ii) safeguarding intangible cultural heritage and climate change, and (iii) safeguarding intangible cultural heritage in urban contexts, and looks forward to the guidance notes to orient the efforts of States and communities in the three abovementioned areas;
- Appreciates the involvement of a broad range of stakeholders, notably through the dissemination of surveys that enable reaching out to focal points of elements inscribed on the Lists of the Convention, and encourages States Parties to facilitate the participation of communities concerned in such initiatives;
- Requests the Secretariat to continue the development of activities under the thematic initiatives and calls on States Parties and other potential partners to support their implementation through financial and in-kind contributions, including for the organization of expert meetings;
- Further requests the Secretariat to report on the progress made in the implementation of thematic initiatives at its eighteenth session in 2023.