- Having examined document LHE/21/16.COM/7.a,
- Recalling Chapter V of the Operational Directives and its Decisions COM 5.3 and 12.COM 8.c.7,
- Expresses its appreciation to China for submitting its second report on the status of the element ‘Wooden movable-type printing of China’, inscribed in 2010 on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding, which was initially due for submission by 15 December 2018;
- Takes note of the efforts described in the report submitted by China to safeguard the element, in particular by documenting and disseminating knowledge about the element, ensuring its integration in education, supporting its bearers in transmitting their knowledge and skills to apprentices, and helping the Rui’an Movable-type Printing Association sustain the practice of the element;
- Invites the State Party to pursue its efforts to safeguard the element by exploring diverse methodologies for developing safeguarding measures, providing financial aid to its bearers of various ages, including by increasing subsidies, and supporting non-governmental organizations related to the element;
- Encourages the State Party to provide support to help young apprentices learn and practice the element and develop apprentice-training mechanisms, to continue integrating the element in education and raising awareness about it and the associated cultural practices, and to foster the demand for wooden movable-type printing and its innovative use;
- Requests that the Secretariat inform the State Party at least nine months prior to the deadline of 15 December 2022 about the required submission of its next report on the status of this element.