- Having examined document LHE/23/18.COM/7.a,
- Recalling Chapter V of the Operational Directives and its Decision COM 10.a.3,
- Expresses its appreciation to Cambodia for submitting, on time, its first report on the status of the element ‘Lkhon Khol Wat Svay Andet’, inscribed in 2018 on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding;
- Takes note of the efforts undertaken by the State Party to safeguard the element, in particular by supporting the local community and bearers of the element, providing the space and resources needed for its practice and transmission to younger generations, increasing the number of practitioners and performances, and ensuring participatory safeguarding with the involvement of the community, the Wat Svay Andet Monastery and other key stakeholders;
- Encourages the State Party to pursue its efforts to support the transmission of the element to younger generations, maintaining its spiritual significance within the community, supporting the community-based management of the element and fundraising for its safeguarding;
- Further encourages the State Party to establish a Lkhon Khol Center at Wat Svay Andet to facilitate the transmission of the element and to raise public awareness about the element, its practice and its meaning both within and beyond its community;
- Requests that the Secretariat inform the State Party at least nine months prior to the next deadline about the required submission of its next report on the status of this element.