- Having examined document LHE/23/18.COM/5 and its annex,
- Appreciates the timely operationalization of the outcomes of the global reflection on the listing mechanisms, including the introduction of new simplified procedures for nominations to the Lists of the 2003 Convention, as well as capacity-building initiatives on the preparation of nomination files with a view to supporting countries in their safeguarding efforts for geographically balanced Lists, and appeals to States Parties to provide further extrabudgetary support to capacity-building projects in this regard;
- Also appreciates the efforts made by the Secretariat in implementing the activities mentioned, and commends it for its ongoing support for the sound governance of the Convention and management of the Convention’s mechanisms;
- Acknowledges the successful expansion of the global facilitators network, and taking note of the increasing demand for projects under the first funding priority, ‘Strengthening capacities to safeguard intangible cultural heritage using multi-modal approaches and contribute to sustainable development’, calls upon States Parties to provide funding support for the design and implementation of multi-year projects to respond to such requests, notably in Africa and Small Island Developing States;
- Further appreciates the steady progress made in the implementation of the second funding priority, ‘Safeguarding intangible cultural heritage through formal and non-formal education’, and encourages States Parties to provide support for intersectoral collaboration with the education sector with a view to anchoring the integration of living heritage safeguarding in education policies and systems at the local, national and international levels;
- Welcomes the efforts to strengthen synergies with other conventions and further encourages the Secretariat to pursue work in this regard.