- Having examined Document ITH/12/7.COM/7 and Document ITH/12/7.COM/8, as well as the nominations to the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding submitted by the respective States Parties,
- RecallingChapter I of the Operational Directives and its Decision 6.COM 12,
- Reminds States Parties that nominations to the Urgent Safeguarding List and requests for International Assistance have complementary but distinct natures and purposes, and encourages States Parties to utilize the mechanism that is more appropriate to its actual situation and needs;
- Encourages States Parties to be certain that there is a close correspondence and a coherency between the description of the element presented in the audiovisual materials and the information included in the nomination form;
- Invites the Consultative Body, when evaluating the 2013 nominations to the Urgent Safeguarding List, to identify good examples, if any, among the videos submitted as part of those nominations and to bring them to the attention of the Committee in its 2013 report;
- Takes note of the recurrent difficulties encountered by the Consultative Body in determining whether or not a nomination has fully satisfied criterion U.5, and decides that nominations shall include documentary evidence of the element’s inclusion in an inventory, or a functioning link to a website where that inventory could be consulted and the element’s inclusion verified.