- Having examined Document ITH/08/3.COM/CONF.203/10;
- Recalling Resolution 2.GA 5, by which the General Assembly adopted the Operational Directives for the implementation of the Convention, and Resolution 2.GA 6, by which the General Assembly authorized the Committee to call upon the advisory services of non-governmental organizations it will have recommended for accreditation, as well as the participation of experts, centres of expertise and research institutes, as appropriate;
- Decides to select preferably more than one examiner to examine each nomination to the Urgent Safeguarding List or International assistance request, and at least one alternate in the event that the preferred examiner(s) is(are) unavailable or unable to complete the examination;
- Requests the Secretariat to propose to it or to the body delegated by it, for each nomination to the Urgent Safeguarding List and each International Assistance request greater than USD 25,000, the names of at least two examiners with relevant competence to examine such nominations or requests, it being understood that up to the third session of the General Assembly, and in conformity with Resolution 2.GA 6, such examiners will include, as appropriate, non-governmental organizations that the Committee will have recommended for accreditation as well as experts, centres of expertise and research institutes;
- Delegates to the Bureau of the Committee, on an exceptional basis, until its next session, the authority to designate examiners for Urgent Safeguarding List nominations for the accelerated timetable for 2009 inscriptions, and for International Assistance requests greater than USD 25,000, in accordance with the procedures laid out in this decision, and in doing so, take into account, inter alia, regional particularities and specificities as well as the need for geographical balance.
- Further decides to examine this issue at its next session and to develop guidelines for selection of such examiners in future.