The General Assembly,
- Having examined document LHE/22/9.GA/8,
- Recalling Decision 16.COM 19, whereby the Committee decided to inscribe ‘Joumou soup’ on the Representative List of the intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity, and document LHE/21/16.COM/19,
- Expresses its solidarity with Haiti and its people, affirms that the 2003 Convention provides an opportunity for promoting and enhancing the visibility of elements that contribute to preparing for, responding to, or recovering from the effects of natural disasters and recognizes the relevance of the Operational principles and modalities for safeguarding intangible cultural heritage in emergencies for this case;
- Takes note of the steps followed to treat the request made by Haiti including the full assessment by the Evaluation Body, while considering that the request was made under a multitude of factors, including back-to-back natural disasters that hit the country in a context of broad social and political turmoil;
- Endorses, on an exceptional basis, the procedure followed for the inscription of ‘Joumou soup’, as part of the 2021 cycle, on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.