- Having examined Document ITH/13/8.COM/5.b,
- Takes note with appreciation of the report by the Secretariat on its activities in 2013;
- Welcomes the more than one hundred events organized around the world to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the Convention;
- Further welcomes the expanded reach and continued effectiveness of the global capacity-building strategy and thanks the States Parties that have generously provided extrabudgetary support to make it possible;
- Further thanks the States Parties that have generously provided extrabudgetary support to the other statutory functions of the Secretariat and to the celebration of the Convention’s tenth anniversary;
- Takes further note of the growing network of category 2 centres in the field of intangible cultural heritage; appreciates their past and on-going contributions to the implementation of the Convention; and encourages the Secretariat to continue its efforts to coordinate the network in order to increase its effectiveness.