- Having examined document ITH/18/13.COM/7.a Rev.,
- Recalling Articles 7, 29 and 30 of the Convention concerning reports by States Parties and Chapter V of the Operational Directives, as well as its Decisions 12.COM 8.b and 12.COM 10,
- Expresses its sincere appreciation to the thirty-two States Parties that duly submitted their periodic reports for the 2018 reporting cycle;
- Recalls that due to the ongoing reform of the periodic reporting mechanism, this is the last reporting cycle under the system that has existed so far and underlines that the 2018 and 2019 deadlines for submitting a report on the implementation of the Convention have been suspended to facilitate the transition towards a regional cycle of reporting;
- Welcomes the overview and summaries of the 2018reports as presented in the annex of document ITH/18/13.COM/7.a and takes note of the different approaches and methodologies adopted by States Parties to implement the 2003 Convention and safeguard their intangible cultural heritage, including their elements inscribed on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity;
- Appreciates the cumulative focus on measures taken by States Parties to raise awareness of the importance of intangible cultural heritage included in the Overview and encourages States Parties to disseminate at all levels the lessons learned and current practices related to the implementation of the Convention with regard to this as well as other aspects covered by the Overview;
- Decides to submit to the eighth session of the General Assembly the ‘Overview and summaries of the 2018 reports of States Parties on the implementation of the Convention and on the current status of elements inscribed on the Representative List’.