- Having examined document LHE/23/18.COM/15 and its annex,
- Recalling Decisions COM 15 and 17.COM 9,
- Takes note of the activities undertaken by the ICH NGO Forum in 2022 and 2023, notably those that have the potential to strengthen the advisory role of accredited non-governmental organizations to the Committee;
- Commends the ICH NGO Forum for the activities aimed at increasing the number of non-governmental organizations based in underrepresented regions and encourages the Forum to pursue its efforts in this regard;
- Appreciates the readiness demonstrated by the ICH NGO Forum to actively pursue the development of the Convention and in support to its governing bodies, notably as regards the thematic initiatives of the Convention, synergies between the protection and safeguarding of tangible and intangible cultural heritage, as well as the reflection on a broader implementation of Article 18;
- Welcomes the completion of the first round of the mapping of the domains of competence of accredited non-governmental organizations as well as their visualization through the webpage of the Convention, and requests the Secretariat to continue its collaboration with the ICH NGO Forum to ensure that the mapping exercise covers the remaining accredited non-governmental organizations;
- Decides to include a separate item on the ‘Report of the non-governmental organizations forum’ on the provisional agenda of its nineteenth session.