- Having examined Document ITH/12/7.COM/7 and Document ITH/12/7.COM/10,
- Recalling Chapter I of the Operational Directives and its Decision 6.COM 12,
- Welcomes the several International Assistance requests for projects that situate the safeguarding of intangible cultural heritage within the goal of sustainable development and encourages States Parties to submit requests that recognize and respect local development agendas in their design and planning;
- Recalls the crucial importance of coherency and consistency between the activities proposed, their timetable and their estimated costs, and further encourages States Parties to be particularly attentive to such consistency when elaborating requests for International Assistance;
- Further recalls the necessity of preparing budgets in a rigorous and transparent way and fully reflecting the contributions of the submitting States Parties, especially their in-kind contributions;
- Further encourages States Parties to give particular attention to the methodologies to be utilized in the proposed activities, and to describe them clearly in the request.