- Having examined document ITH/14/9.COM/6,
- Commends the Secretariat for its activities to ensure the effective implementation of the decisions of the Committee and its steady progress towards the longer-term expected results over the past year;
- Takes note of the recent changes in the structure of the Secretariat;
- Appreciates the efforts of the Secretariat to coordinate the growing network of category 2 centres in the field of intangible cultural heritage and encourages it to continue its efforts;
- Further encourages the Secretariat to enhance cooperation with universities, including UNESCO Chairs, and to promote graduate studies in the safeguarding of intangible cultural heritage;
- Welcomes with satisfaction the expanded reach and continued effectiveness of the global capacity-building programme and appreciates the regular review and adaptation of its content and format to respond effectively to the major implementation challenges at the national level, notably the development of national policies and human and institutional resources for safeguarding intangible cultural heritage;
- Thanks the States Parties that have generously provided extrabudgetary support to make the global capacity-building strategy possible and to support the other statutory functions of the Secretariat and invites States Parties to offer further support, particularly in the form of contributions to the sub-fund for enhancing the human resources of the Secretariat.