- Having examined Document ITH/14/9.COM/5.b,
- Recalling Chapter V of the Operational Directives and its Decision 4.COM 14.12,
- Expresses appreciation to Viet Nam for submitting its report on the status of the element ‘Ca trù singing’, inscribed in 2009 on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding;
- Takes note of the efforts undertaken by the State Party to respond to the concerns raised by the Committee at the time of inscription and invites it to strengthen its engagement in the safeguarding of this element and in ensuring that safeguarding measures encourage the diversity of traditional local styles;
- Further invites the State Party to develop its safeguarding strategy for this element, envisaging such additional measures as extending the teaching of Ca trù in schools, incorporating it as a subject in higher education and considering means of popularizing Ca trù performances;
- Encourages the State Party to involve Ca trù clubs and similar bodies more deeply in planning and implementing present and future safeguarding activities and to provide better support to their current safeguarding efforts, particularly in transmitting and performing Ca trù;
- Further encourages the State Party to build upon the gradual revival of the element that has been achieved thus far and the management capacities created, by developing a more cohesive and systematic structure for financing and implementing safeguarding activities and ensuring a secure and stable source of income for them;
- Requests the Secretariat to inform the State Party twelve months prior to the deadline of 15 December 2017 for the submission of its next report on the status of this element.