- Having examined Document ITH/12/7.COM/13.d,
- Recalling Resolution 2.GA 9 bis and Resolution 3.GA 5,
- Further recalling chapter IV.2 of the Operational Directives and 34 C/Resolution 86,
- Noting that a number of communities, groups or, if applicable, individuals concerned with intangible cultural heritage are discouraged in their efforts to use the emblem of the Convention for raising awareness and other safeguarding activities because of the procedures involved in requesting the Convention’s patronage,
- Requests the Secretariat to provide clear information to States Parties on the use of the emblem of the Convention and encourages States Parties, through National Commissions and/or duly designated authorities, to disseminate this information among communities, groups and individuals concerned;
- Further encourages States Parties to meet their reporting requirements regarding the use of the emblem at the national level, the Secretariat to make these reports available to States Parties, and States Parties to include the use of the emblem at the national level in their reports on the implementation of the Convention.