The General Assembly,
- Having examined document ITH/14/5.GA/4.1,
- Recalling Article 30 of the Convention,
- Noting with satisfaction the continued rapid pace of ratification and enthusiastically welcoming the seventeen States that have ratified the Convention since the fourth session of the General Assembly,
- Takes note of the report of the Committee to the General Assembly on its activities between June 2012 and June 2014 and thanks the Committee for its effective work;
- Commends the Committee for its priority attention to capacity building for the implementation of the Convention at the national level;
- Acknowledges with satisfaction the continuing interest shown by States Parties in the Convention’s mechanisms for international cooperation, notably the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding, Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity, Register of Best Safeguarding Practices and international assistance, and takes further note of the Committee’s ongoing activities to raise awareness of these programmes and to disseminate best safeguarding practices;
- Requests the Director-General to bring this report to the attention of the General Conference of UNESCO, in conformity with Article 30, paragraph 2 of the Convention.