- Having examined document ITH/10/5.COM/CONF.202/8 and its annex, and having examined the request for International Assistance submitted by Belarus entitled ‘Establishing the national inventory of the intangible cultural heritage of Belarus’ (file number 00332),
- Recalling Chapter V as well as Articles 11 and 12 of the Convention,
- Further recalling Chapters I.4 and I.14 of the Operational Directives as revised by the General Assembly at its third session in June 2010 concerning the approval of International Assistance requests,
- Commends the State Party for its commitment to meet its obligations to draw up one or more inventories of the intangible cultural heritage present in its territory, and welcomes its initiative in requesting International Assistance to supplement national resources available for that purpose;
- Takes note that the examiners appointed to examine the request have presented their reports to the Committee, as the annex to the present documents, in which they recommend the request be approved but raise a number of questions and provide comments regarding the request, as submitted;
- Approves the request in the amount of US$133,600;
- Invites the State Party to prepare, at the earliest opportunity, a revised project document that takes into account insofar as possible the comments of the examiners;
- Requests the Secretariat to assist the State Party, if necessary, in this process of revision.