- Having examined document ITH/09/4.COM/CONF.209/11 and its annexes, and having examined the request for international assistance submitted by Mauritius entitled ‘Documentation and inventory of intangible cultural heritage in the Republic of Mauritius’ (file number 00327);
- Recalling Chapter V of the Convention and Chapter II of the Operational Directives;
- Further recalling Articles 11 and 12 of the Convention;
- Commends the State Party for its commitment to meet its obligations to draw up one or more inventories of the intangible cultural heritage present in its territory, and welcomes its initiative in requesting international assistance to supplement national resources available for that purpose;
- Takes note that the examiners appointed to examine the request have presented their reports to the Committee, incorporated within Annex 2 of Document ITH/09/4.COM/CONF.209/11, in which they recommend the request be approved;
- Approves the request in the amount of US$52,461;
- Invites the State Party, in its implementation of the proposed activities, to take into account the comments of the examiners, and of the Committee in its present debate;
- Requests the Secretariat to reach agreement with the State Party on the technical details of the assistance.