- Having examined document ITH/18/13.COM/9,
- Recalling Article 7 of the Convention, Chapter V of the Operational Directives concerning periodic reporting and Decision 7.COM 15 concerning the guidelines for the treatment of correspondence from the public or other concerned parties with regard to nominations,
- Further recalling the Ethical Principles for the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage,
- Takes note of the increasing number of cases that are brought to the attention of the Secretariat regarding the changing status of elements inscribed on the Lists of the Convention;
- Recognizes the need to reflect on the follow-up of inscribed elements and on ways for concerned communities, groups and, where applicable, individuals, and other stakeholders to participate in the monitoring of inscribed elements;
- Acknowledges the link between the follow-up of inscribed elements and the ongoing reflection on the nature and purposes of the Lists of the Convention, recalls its Decision 12.COM 14 to convene an open-ended intergovernmental working group on these topics and welcomes the generous voluntary supplementary contribution of the Government of Japan to the Intangible Cultural Heritage Fund to organize a preliminary meeting of experts and support the convening of the above-mentioned open-ended intergovernmental working group;
- Decides to include a reflection on the establishment of a follow-up mechanism for inscribed elements in the mandate of the above-mentioned preliminary meeting of experts and the open-ended intergovernmental working group.