- Having examined document ITH/18/13.COM/7.b,
- Recalling Chapter V of the Operational Directives and its Decisions 4.COM 14.11 and 9.COM 5.b.7,
- Expresses its thanks to Mongolia for submitting, on time, its second report on the status of the element ‘Traditional music of the Tsuur’, inscribed in 2009 on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding;
- Takes note of the continued efforts undertaken by Mongolia to safeguard the element, in particular through its commitment to creating a favorable social environment for the transmission of the element, the attention paid to the support necessary for its bearers, and the adoption of a legal framework for inventorying and ensuring public funding for safeguarding activities;
- Invites the State Party to continue enhancing the transmission of the traditional music of the Tsuur, and especially to consider its present social functions and cultural meanings, in order to place the opinions of tradition bearers at the center of the safeguarding efforts and to find a balance between strengthening traditional modes of transmission, playing Tsuur in traditional contexts and its contemporary modes of practice and development;
- Further invites the State Party to pay particular attention to the transmission of the element in the Uriankhai ethnic group and to assist safeguarding initiatives, especially in the Altai Region, respecting regional cultural diversity, the freedom of the bearers of the element to decide upon the transmission of their respective knowledge and skills, as well as to pay due attention to the transmission of the associated practices related to the element (such as the making of the Tsuur musical instruments), and to reflect these issues in its next report on the status of the element;
- Encourages the State Party to develop an updated safeguarding plan specifically aimed at safeguarding the element, with the participation of the communities, groups, individuals concerned and relevant non-governmental organizations, and to provide this plan in its next report on the status of the element;
- Requests that the Secretariat inform the State Party at least nine months prior to the deadline of 15 December 2021 about the required submission of its next report on the status of this element.