- Having examined document ITH/17/12.COM/8.c,
- Recalling Articles 7, 29 and 30 of the Convention concerning reports by States Parties, and Chapter V of the Operational Directives,
- Thanks the States Parties that submitted their reports on time and invites the States Parties that have not yet submitted their expected reports to duly do so at the earliest opportunity, and in any case no later than 15 December 2017 in order for the Committee to examine them at its thirteenth session in 2018;
- Takes note that almost all reports expected for the current cycle have been submitted, including several overdue ones, testifying to the continued attention paid by States Parties to the safeguarding of elements of intangible cultural heritage whose viability is at risk;
- Welcomes the achievements reported by States Parties in safeguarding their elements inscribed on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding and invites them to keep their safeguarding and continued transmission as a priority in their agendas and to involve the practitioners, bearers and communities concerned in the implementation and updating of the safeguarding plans;
- Decides to submit to the General Assembly a summary of the reports of States Parties on the current status of elements inscribed on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding examined in the current session.