- Having examined document ITH/16/11.COM/7,
- Recalling Decisions 8.COM 5.c.1, 8.COM 5.c.2, 9.COM 13.g, 10.COM 15.c, and Resolution 6.GA 11,
- Further recalling the Audit of the Working Methods of Cultural Conventions and the Evaluation of UNESCO’s Standard-Setting Work of the Culture Sector undertaken by the IOS,
- Also recalling 38C/Resolution 101,
- Takes note of the efforts and steps already undertaken with a view to improve and streamline the working methods of the governing organs of the 2003 Convention in line with the Recommendations by the External Auditor and IOS on this matter;
- Further takes note of recent situations as regards the recommendations of the External Auditor’s report which are of direct relevance to the governing organs of the 2003 Convention;
- Decides to transmit to the Open-ended Working Group on the Governance Procedures and Working Methods of the Governing Bodies a report on the status of the foreseen or ongoing reforms;
- Requests the Secretariat to include this item on the agenda of its twelfth session with a view to present it to the seventh session of the General Assembly of States Parties.