- Having examined document ITH/15/10.COM/7.b,
- Welcomes the new structure of the report of the Secretariat by performance indicators;
- Commends the Secretariat for its initiatives to ensure the effective implementation of the decisions of the Committee, the effective organization of statutory meetings and its steady progress towards the longer-term expected results over the past biennium, and takes note with interest of a number of improvements made in the working methods of the Secretariat such as the provision of Technical Assistance, summary for periodic reports and the timely treatment of nominations;
- Welcomes with satisfaction the expanded reach and continued effectiveness of the global capacity-building programme and also appreciates the regular review, adaptation and enrichment of its content and format to respond effectively to major implementation challenges at the national level, while noting the effort of the Secretariat in establishing a follow-up and evaluation mechanism for capacity-building activities to generate data on their effectiveness;
- Thanks the States Parties that have generously provided extrabudgetary support to make the global capacity-building strategy possible and to support the other statutory functions of the Secretariat and invites States Parties to offer further support, particularly in the form of contributions to the sub-fund for enhancing the human resources of the Secretariat in order to allow it to address longer-term efforts, including in-kind human resource contributions;
- Further welcomes the initiative from the Secretariat to develop a fully renovated website that facilitates access to existing information, and encourages the Secretariat and States Parties to continue exploring the possibilities of further developing online tools to broaden the outreach and networking;
- Appreciates the efforts of the Secretariat to coordinate the growing network of category 2 centres and stimulate their ability to contribute effectively to UNESCO’s strategic objectives in the field of intangible cultural heritage, and encourages the Secretariat to strengthen the cooperation with UNESCO Chairs in the field of intangible cultural heritage.