- Having examined document ITH/15/10.COM/6.b,
- Recalling Chapter V of the Operational Directives and its Decision 5.COM 5.4,
- Expresses its thanks to Croatia for submitting its report on the status of the element ‘Ojkanje singing’, inscribed in 2010 on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding;
- Takes note of the continued efforts undertaken by the State Party to revitalize and safeguard the element, in particular through encouraging traditional modes of oral transmission, as well as newer approaches taken by cultural associations and through the promotion of the element in festivals, performances and other events in the context of community life;
- Invites the State Party to ensure the long-term viability and sustainability of the element, in particular through providing sufficient state funding for this purpose, and appropriate repartition of available funds between the various safeguarding activities and beneficiaries;
- Encourages the State Party to assess the role of tourism entities in promoting the element and performances of Ojkanje singing in order to avoid commodification or denaturation of the element;
- Reiterates its encouragement to other States and communities with similar forms of singing to collaborate actively in the opportunities for international exchange that are proposed by the State Party;
- Requests the Secretariat to inform the State Party twelve months prior to the deadline of 15 December 2018 for the submission of its next report on the status of this element.