- Having examined document ITH/16/11.COM/9.b,
- Recalling Articles 7, 29 and 30 of the Convention concerning reports by the States Parties, and Chapter V of the Operational Directives,
- Thanks the States Parties that submitted their ordinary reports on time and invites the States Parties that have not yet submitted their expected reports to duly do so at the earliest opportunity, and in any case no later than 15 December 2016 in order for the Committee to examine them at its twelfth session in 2017;
- Takes note of the improving rate of submission of these reports that testifies the growing importance that States Parties attach to the safeguarding and monitoring of their elements in need of urgent safeguarding;
- Welcomes the achievements made by States Parties in ensuring an increased viability of their inscribed elements and encourages them to respond to the old and new threats by fully involving the practitioners, bearers and communities concerned when developing safeguarding plans, as well as when reporting on their implementation;
- Decides to submit to the General Assembly a summary of the reports of States Parties on the current status of elements inscribed on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding examined in the current session.