- Having examined Document ITH/12/7.COM/12.d,
- Recalling paragraphs 33 and 34 of the Operational Directives,
- Considering that its capacities to examine files during a session are limited, as are the capacities of its advisory bodies, and that the available resources – notably the human resources of the Secretariat – are unlikely to increase in the near or medium term,
- Decides that in the course of the 2014 and 2015 cycles, the number of nominations to the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding and to the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity, proposals of programmes, projects and activities that best reflect the principles and objectives of the Convention and International Assistance requests greater than US$25,000 that can be treated is determined to be 60;
- Invites States Parties to take the present decision into account when submitting files for the 2014 or 2015 cycle;
- Requests the Secretariat, when applying paragraph 34 of the Operational Directives to the files received for the 2014 cycle, to make every effort to treat at least one file per submitting State, while applying the priorities set out in that paragraph as equitably as possible, and therefore further decides that the Secretariat may exercise some flexibility, if that would permit greater equity among submitting States with equal priority under paragraph 34;
- Further requests the Secretariat to report to it at its eighth session on the number of files submitted for the 2014 cycle and its experience applying the Operational Directives and the present decision.