The seventeenth session of the Intergovernmental Committee for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage will be hosted by the Kingdom of Morocco in Rabat from 28 November to 3 December 2022.
H.E. Mr Samir Addahre, Ambassador and Permanent Delegate of the Kingdom of Morocco to UNESCO, will chair this annual gathering which will be attended by representatives of States Parties, non-governmental organizations, cultural institutions and other stakeholders from across the globe.
The Committee will evaluate nominations submitted by States Parties for inscription on the Lists of the Convention:
46 elements for inscription on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity, 4 elements for inscription on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding, 5 proposals for the Register of Good Safeguarding Practices and 1 International Assistance request.
The debates will be transmitted by webcast in their original languages as well as their interpretation into English, French and Spanish.
The press briefing will be attended by:
- H.E. Mr Samir Addahre, Ambassador and Permanent Delegate of the Kingdom of Morocco to UNESCO, Chairperson of the 17th session of the Committee
- Mr Ernesto Ottone, Assistant-Director General for Culture
- Mr Tim Curtis, Secretary of the Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage
Journalists: please register online ahead of the press conference.
Media may send questions before the press briefing to: email@example.com.
Contacts for press
- Ms Lucia Iglesias - firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. +33 (0)1 45 68 17 02
- Mr Roni Amelan - email@example.com Tel. +33(0)1 45 68 16 50
- Ms Félicie Kertudo - firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. + 33 (0)1 45 68 06 31
A press kit containing summaries of the elements that will be discussed and examined, including descriptions, recommandations of the Evaluation Body, contact details, and videos and photos of the elements as submitted, is available in English|French.
The working documents are available online.
Calendar of events
A calendar of events is available online.
- Interview: Q and A with the Secretary of the 2003 Convention, Mr Tim Curtis.
- Podcast ‘The stuff of life’: from the ‘coaxing ritual for camels of Mongolia’ to the ‘Bigwala music and dance of Uganda’, the podcast focuses on Living Heritage and UNESCO’s efforts to safeguard it for the future.
The webcast is available here.
Files 2022 under examination
Consult the complete nomination/proposal/request files (forms, supporting documents, photos and videos) as submitted by the States here.
The list of inscribed elements will be updated from the following page: https://ich.unesco.org/en/lists
UNESCO and social media
Twitter for inscriptions
- English: @unesco, #intangibleheritage #livingheritage
- French: @unesco_fr, #patrimoineimmatériel #patrimoinevivant
- Spanish: @unesco_es #patrimonioculturalinmaterial #pci
- Russian: @unesco_russian
- Arabic: @unescoarabic
- Portuguese @unescobrasil
- English: UNESCO
- French: UNESCOfr
- Spanish: UNESCOes
- Russian: UNESCOrussian
- Arabic: UNESCOar
- Portuguese: UNESCObrasil