- Having examined Document ITH/12/7.COM/16.b,
- Recalling Article 9 of the Convention, Chapter III.2 of the Operational Directives, explicitly focusing on the words ‘inter alia’ of paragraph 96; further recalling Rule 8.3 of the Rules of Procedure of the Intergovernmental Committee,
- Further recalling Resolution 4.GA 6,
- Takes note of the important contributions that numerous non-governmental organizations make world-wide to the implementation of the Convention at the local, national and international levels and recalls that States Parties shall involve the relevant non-governmental organizations in the implementation of the Convention, inter alia in identifying and defining intangible cultural heritage and in other appropriate safeguarding measures;
- Regrets the limited opportunities until now for non-governmental organizations to act in an advisory capacity to the Committee;
- Requests the Secretariat to report at its eighth session on the profile of the NGOs accredited and the nature of their work and to propose an evaluation form for assessing their potential contribution to the implementation of the Convention.