- Having examined Document ITH/12/7.COM/14,
- Recalling its Decision 5.COM 6,
- Further recalling that the Convention calls upon the international community to contribute to the safeguarding of intangible cultural heritage in a spirit of cooperation and mutual assistance,
- Considering that intangible cultural heritage is often shared by communities on the territories of more than one State, and that multinational inscriptions of such shared heritage on the Lists constitute an important mechanism for promoting international cooperation,
- Decides to establish an on-line resource, the Mechanism for Sharing Information to Encourage Multinational Files, as described in Document ITH/12/7.COM/14, through which States Parties can, on a voluntary basis, announce their intentions to submit files and other States Parties may learn of opportunities for cooperation in elaborating multinational files;
- Invites States Parties to make known in advance their intention to nominate elements in order to raise awareness about the existence of a given element on the territory of more than one State Party and facilitate multinational nominations;
- Decides to assess the effectiveness of this mechanism at its tenth session.