Safeguarding intangible cultural heritage through technical and vocational education and training (TVET)
Virtual conference on the UNESCO-UNEVOC TVeT Forum from 29 October to 7 November 2018
Moderated by Panas Karampampas and Wouter de Regt
- When: 29 October to 7 November 2018
- Where: UNESCO-UNEVOC TVeT Forum
From 29 October to 7 November, 2018 the Intangible Cultural Heritage Section and UNESCO-UNEVOC will co-host a virtual conference on ‘Integrating the safeguarding of intangible cultural heritage (ICH) in technical and vocational education and training (TVET)’. The conference, which comes under the new programme on ‘Safeguarding intangible cultural heritage in formal and non-formal education’, will explore the links between ICH and TVET.
The conference will be held on the UNESCO-UNEVOC TVeT Forum: an online discussion board where people from around the world can share information and knowledge about different aspects of TVET. Participants in the conference can read and post comments on the discussion boards—over the 10 days of the conference they can participate as much or as little as they like, logging in whenever suites their schedule.
At the end of this virtual conference, participants will be able to:
- Understand what intangible cultural heritage (ICH) is and the roles of the communities, groups and individuals in designing and delivering TVET programmes on ICH
- Recognize the links between ICH and TVET and the role of different TVET stakeholders in integrating ICH safeguarding into TVET
- Identify the opportunities and challenges safeguarding ICH presents to TVET and ICH stakeholders
Structure and sequencing
The virtual conference is founded on five topics. These topics will be ‘opened’ for discussion on the following days:
- Monday, 29 October - Topic 1: Understanding intangible cultural heritage
- Webinar: Introduction to ICH and its stakeholders
- Tuesday, 30 October - Topic 2: Exploring the links between ICH and TVET
- Thursday, 1 November - Topic 3: Opportunities and challenges of safeguarding ICH though TVET
- Monday, 5 November - Topic 4: Empowering the communities through ICH and TVET
Join the virtual conference
Participation is open to anyone with an interest in ICH and TVET. You will need to have a UNEVOC account to participate in the conference: you can register here for a UNEVOC account. Once you have a UNEVOC account, you can sign up to join the virtual conference. Any questions about registration can be directed to email@example.com
The virtual conference will be in English. However, all of the documents will be available in French, and French and Spanish speaking participants can use the built-in translation feature to follow discussions and to contribute in their languages.