List the key activities that were carried out during this reporting period in order to achieve these expected results. Please describe the activities in detail and note their effectiveness or any problems encountered in implementing them.
1. Inventory of Intangible Cultural Heritage of the Ceremonial of the P'aach.
• Identification of carriers of culture at the municipal level that still maintain the cultural manifestation.
• Working meetings to organize the inventory of intangible cultural heritage of the demonstration.
• Systematization of the documentation collected and work in communities, achieving the preliminary document that was validated by the group of carriers of culture and local organizations that accompany the process.
• Geopositioning of las cruces that integrate the path of the ceremonial.
• Inventory space inherent in the cultural manifestation.
During the inventory process is accomplished the identification of other carriers of culture, which gender concern on the part of the members of the group Mother Corn Pro in regard to the representativeness of them to UNESCO. This led to tensions that finally they managed to overcome, leaving clarity in regard to the intellectual property of the communities in relation to the cultural manifestations and the role that those who presented the nomination to UNESCO.
2. Recognition and establishment of las cruces as elements of the cultural manifestation.
• Review documentary about the location of las cruces, number of the same and their names.
• Municipal Agreements for the construction of the crosses on the places determined by the standard-bearers of the culture of the group Pro Mother corn.
• The municipality conducted the negotiation with the owners of the land where are located the crosses.
• Establishment of las cruces.
The people of the community where the Oratory is located one of the crosses was not agree with the construction of the same, because they wanted to build the home of the mayor community. Given that the hill where the cross is located is also a place to make Mayan ceremonies, spiritual guides and population of the community and other communities have asked the municipal government stop the work because it is part of the cultural heritage of the people cannot be destroyed. In this case was opened the intra-community negotiation and the municipality stopped the work, a situation that is not yet firm already that the municipal council is pending a final resolution.
3. Identification of new members for The Pregón.
• Analysis of the transmission mechanisms that apply the bearers of the Mayan culture-mam.
• Workshops for analysis and reflection of the cultural transmission.
• Identification of young people to teach the proclamation on the part of the standard-bearers of the culture of the group Mother Corn Pro, in the community the greatness.
• Meetings with parents are not
achieving the objective, given that the people that were convened by the carriers of culture requesting financial support for their children. This kingdom to the analysis of the way in which knowledge is transmitted from the peoples generates a gap that leads to rethink the strategy of working with the population of San Pedro Sacatepequez in regard to the identification of new leaders for the proclamation.
There is an internal problem of the group Mother Corn Pro in terms of decision-making that led to a division of the group, a situation that was addressed by mediating the Ministry of Culture and Sports. The solution to the conflict is in the process.
4. Groups of carriers of culture.
• Municipal Assembly of the authorities in the community of San Pedro Sacatepequez San Marcos.
• Meetings to establish agreements with the groups carriers of the culture of the communities of San Francisco Soch, San Juan del Pozo, the greatness, municipality of San Pedro Sacatepequez.
• Identification of the modality of safeguarding that apply the groups
• Municipal Agreement to provide financial support for the activities of the Ceremonial Group Pro the Corn Mother and the Community of San Juan del Pozo.
• Joint Celebration of the Proclamation and the dance of the Pachitas with the Committee Pro Mother Corn and the San Francisco group Soch.
• Celebration of the dance of the Pachitas in San Juan del Pozo, participating groups of carriers of the culture of other communities and municipalities, as Comitancillo, Nueva Cabrican plantation, San Lorenzo.
Currently, it has achieved greater participation of the representatives of the groups of carriers of other communities that together to Pro Mother Corn, have kept the ceremonial for hundreds of years.
5. Management for the strengthening of safeguards activities.
• In March of 2014 a proposal was drafted to document project that involved the preparation of educational materials for girls and children from primary level pre and primary, the same was submitted to UNESCO.
• The team of UNESCO - Paris considered the importance of analyzing the proposal, by what supports us in identification and accompaniment of an expert on the subject of Intangible Heritage. Ms. Soledad Mujica, peruvian organizes expert technical assistance in coordination with the technical direction of Intangible Cultural Heritage, the Municipality of San Pedro Sacatepequez, San Marcos, who in turn coordinate in-house with the carriers of culture.
• The analysis workshop and establishment of the project idea is performed in November of 2014, successfully identifying actually require educational materials, but that the actor that is sorely missing in action is the Ministry of Education, as governing body of the educational work at the national level.
• In january of 2015 started the talks with the Ministry of Education who is investigating the construction of a letter of understanding and as to be able to integrate the Ceremonial curriculum to the mesh intentionally.
Permanent changes to the authorities of the Ministry of Education in the Department of San Marcos, it affects the decision-making to conclude with the signing of the letter of understanding between the Ministry of Culture and Sports and the Ministry of Education.