The sixteenth session of the Intergovernmental Committee for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage will be held online, from 13 to 18 December 2021.
Mr Punchi Nilame Meegaswatte, Secretary-General - Sri Lanka National Commission for UNESCO, will chair this annual gathering which brings together hundreds of participants – representatives of States Parties, non-governmental organizations, cultural institutions and other stakeholders – from across the globe.
The Committee will evaluate nominations submitted by States Parties for inscription on the Lists of the Convention of 48 elements for inscription on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity, 6 elements for inscription on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding, 5 proposals for the Register of Good Safeguarding Practices and 3 International Assistance requests exceeding US$100,000 submitted by Djibouti, Mongolia and Timor-Leste.
The online debates will be transmitted online by webcast in their original language as well as their interpretation into English and French.
Contacts for press
- Ms Lucia Iglesias - firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. +33 (0)1 45 68 17 02
- Mr Roni Amelan - email@example.com Tel. +33(0)1 45 68 16 50
- Ms Félicie Kertudo - firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. + 33 (0)1 45 68 06 31
- Interview: Q and A with the Secretary of the 2003 Convention, Tim Curtis.
- Podcast ‘The stuff of life’: from the coaxing ritual for camels of Mongolia to the Bigwala music and dance of Uganda, the podcast focuses on Living Heritage and UNESCO’s efforts to safeguard it for the future.
The live webcast is available here.
Files 2021 under examination
Consult the complete nomination/proposal/request files (forms, supporting documents, photos and videos) as submitted by the States here.
The list of inscribed elements will be updated live from following page: https://ich.unesco.org/en/lists
UNESCO and social media
Twitter for live inscriptions
- English: @unesco, #intangibleheritage #livingheritage
- French: @unesco_fr, #patrimoineimmatériel #patrimoinevivant
- Spanish: @unesco_es #patrimonioculturalinmaterial #pci
- Russian: @unesco_russian
- Arabic: @unescoarabic
- Portuguese @unescobrasil
- English: UNESCO
- French: UNESCOfr
- Spanish: UNESCOes
- Russian: UNESCOrussian
- Arabic: UNESCOar
- Portuguese: UNESCObrasil