- Having examined document LHE/22/17.COM 4.BUR/5 and its Annex,
- Takes note of the additional information provided by Ukraine, particularly as regards inscription criteria U.2(b) and U.6, in relation to its request to examine the nomination ‘Culture of Ukrainian borscht cooking’ for inscription on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding as a case of extreme urgency in line with Article 17.3 of the Convention;
- Thanks the Evaluation Body and the Secretariat for its efforts to respond to the Bureau’s request in a timely and efficient manner and for its evaluation of the nomination during its June meeting, as per the process established by the Bureau, in reference to paragraphs 1 and 32 of the Operational Directives;
- Further takes note of the recommendation of the Evaluation Body, as included in annex, to inscribe ‘Culture of Ukrainian borscht cooking’ on the Urgent Safeguarding List as a case of extreme urgency;
- Considers that the nomination indeed constitutes a case of extreme urgency in line with Article 17.3 of the Convention and underscores the importance of bringing this request to the Committee as quickly as possible after its submission;
- Requests the Secretariat to initiate an electronic exchange to seek the agreement of at least two-thirds of the Committee members to include the item on the request by Ukraine in the fifth extraordinary session of the Committee (Online, 1 July 2022).