- Project budget:
- US$ 100,000
- Switzerland earmarked contribution to the Fund
- Dates of implementation:
- 01/06/2020 - 12/12/2021
Benefitting country(ies): Honduras, Philippines
In the context of the global capacity-building programme, this activity aims to strengthen capacities for integrating disaster risk reduction into community-based inventories of intangible cultural heritage through pilot activities in Honduras and the Philippines. The project will comprise:
- Online training workshops on intangible cultural heritage and disaster risk reduction;
- Pilot-inventorying activities integrating awareness for disaster risk reduction;
- Awareness-raising activities to share results and lessons learnt on the dual role of safeguarding intangible cultural heritage in disaster contexts.
The project will contribute to refining training methodologies for safeguarding intangible cultural heritage in disaster contexts and promoting its role in strengthening community-based resilience to natural disasters. Its implementation is supported by the UNESCO Jakarta and UNESCO San Jose Office, with training activities delivered by UNESCO-trained facilitators.
The project builds on the 2003 Convention’s ongoing work in the area of intangible cultural heritage and emergencies and is guided by the Operational principles and modalities for safeguarding intangible cultural heritage in emergencies (Resolution 8.GA 9 English|French|Spanish|Russian|Arabic|Chinese).
News and activities:
- 2021-06-29 – Joint capacity-building project on ICH and disaster risk reduction kicks off in the Philippines and Honduras
07/10/2020 - 31/12/2021 – Capacity building for stakeholders involved in safeguarding the intangible cultural heritage in Burkina Faso12/02/2019 - 12/12/2021 – Supporting natural and cultural sustainability through the revitalization and transmission of the traditional practices of worshipping the sacred sites in Mongolia