The Operational Directives for the implementation of the Convention establish that the evaluation of nominations to the Lists of the Convention is done by the Bodies of the Committee.
The evaluation of nominations for inscription on the Urgent Safeguarding List, the Register of Best Practices and international assistance requests greater than US$25,000 is done by the Consultative Body composed of six independent experts and six accredited non-governmental organizations. The evaluation of nominations for inscription on the Representative List is done by the Subsidiary Body composed of six States Members of the Committee, selected on the basis of an equitable geographical representation. The composition of the bodies as selected by the Committee at its seventh session in December 2012 is available in the Decisions 7.COM 12.b (Consultative Body) and 7.COM 12.c (Subsidiary Body).
The joint meeting of the Consultative Body and the Subsidiary Body aimed a better understanding of the nature and procedures of the task to be accomplished and allowed to get a general overview of the files received for the 2013 cycle and on those to be evaluated.
The meeting took place at UNESCO Headquarters, room XI, on 4 and 5 April 2013 (7, place de Fontenoy). The working languages were English and French.
At this meeting, each Body elected its Chair, Vice-Chair and Rapporteur as follows:
• Chair: Mrs Claudine-Augée Angoué (Gabon)
• Vice-Chair: Mrs Kris Rampersad (Trinidad and Tobago)
• Rapporteur: Mr Pierre Bois (Maison des cultures du monde)
• Chair: Mr Ahmed Skounti (Morocco)
• Vice-Chair: Nigeria
• Rapporteur: Mrs Noriko Aikawa (Japan)
Main documents of the meeting
ITH/13/8.COM/1.SUB 1.COB/1: English|French
- List of participants
ITH/13/8.COM/1.SUB 1.COB/2: English/French
- Timetable of work of the Subsidiary and the Consultative Body
ITH/13/8.COM/1.SUB 1.COB/3 Rev.: English|French
- Sample files for examination
ITH/13/8.COM/1.SUB 1.COB/4: English|French
- Transversal issues
ITH/12/7.COM/INF.7 Rev.: English|French
- Slideshow presenting the work of the Subsidiary Body and Consultative Body for the 2013 cycle
ITH/13/8.COM/1.SUB 1.COB/Presentation of the work: English
- Slideshow - transversal issues
ITH/13/8.COM/1.SUB 1.COB/Presentation on transvers: English
Documents for reference
- Decisions adopted at the seventh session of the Committee (UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, 3 to 7 December 2012)
- Report of the Consultative Body on its work in 2012
- Evaluation of nominations for inscription in 2012 on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding
- Evaluation of International Assistance requests greater than US$25,000
- Evaluation of proposals to the 2012 Register of Best Safeguarding Practices
- Report of the Subsidiary Body on its work in 2012 and evaluation of nominations for inscription in 2012 on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity