The States Parties to the Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage have repeatedly emphasized the importance of strengthening the capacities of developing countries to effectively implement the Convention. In response, UNESCO has focused its programmes for the 2010-2011 biennium on a global strategy of capacity building among Member States and will continue to do the same in future years. UNESCO is developing a global network of experts who will be well trained in our curricula and methods. This meeting is one in a series of workshops devoted to ‘training of trainers’ in different regions from January to March 2011 to create this network of expert trainers.
The meeting is co-hosted by Oral Traditions Association of Zimbabwe (OTAZ). It is funded by the Intangible Cultural Heritage Fund and UNESCO’s Regular Programme.
- Practical information - Harare meeting: English
- Harare workshop outline (strategy, timetable, overview of materials, participant list): English
- Welcoming remarks by Prof. Luc Rukingama, Director and Representative, UNESCO Office in Harare: English
- Keynote address by H.E. Lazarus D.K. Dokora, Member of Parliament and Deputy Minister of Education, Sport, Arts and Culture: English
- Closing remarks by Mr Josiah J. Mhlanga, Secretary General, Zimbabwe National Commission for UNESCO: English