- Notes that the Government of the Syrian Arab Republic requests preparatory assistance in the amount of U$15,505 for elaborating a nomination for the Urgent Safeguarding List entitled ‘Silk reeling on the Arab Wheel in Syria’ and that the Department of Popular Heritage of the Ministry of Culture will be responsible for preparing the nomination file with the collaboration of a researcher, a photographer and a filmmaker who have experiences with the concerned communities;
- Takes further note that the requested funds will be used for fieldtrips for the researcher, film crew and photographer to conduct interviews and document all stages of the silk making process, and create the final film documentation, including fees for the director, staff, and informants, and costs of equipment, editing, and subtitling, as well as for a marketing study conducted to determine marketability of the silk products;
- Considers that the requested amount and the proposed timetable adequately reflect the activities planned to elaborate the nomination file;
- Notes that the requesting State reasonably shares the costs of the proposed activities and that the Department of Popular Heritage of the Ministry of Culture is not in default of any previous contract with UNESCO;
- Decides to approve preparatory assistance in the amount of US$15,505;
- Requests the Secretariat to reach agreement with the requesting party on the technical details of the preparatory assistance, including a revised timetable.