The General Assembly,
- Having examined document ITH/18/7.GA/13 and its annex,
- Recalling Resolution 6.GA 11 and Decision 12.COM 13,
- Further recalling the 39 C/Resolution87,
- Takes note of the proposals submitted by the States Parties;
- Takes further note of document ITH/18/7.GA/12;
- Requests the Secretariat to review the amendments to the Rules of Procedure submitted by States Parties in view of the relevant recommendations of the General Conference at its 39th session on the Governance, Procedures and Working Methods of the Governing Bodies of UNESCO, especially those on harmonization, as appropriate, of the Rules of Procedure of the six cultural conventions, and in consultation with States Parties submit a consolidated set of draft amendments for examination by the eighth session of the General Assembly;
- Recognizes the need to harmonize, where appropriate, the rules of procedure of the governing bodies of the six cultural conventions and highlights the crucial role of the Culture Sector which may assist and facilitate this process by providing a matrix containing the consolidated amendments to the rules of procedure of the above-mentioned bodies.