The General Assembly,
- Having examined document ITH/06/1.EXT.GA/CONF.203/3,
- Recalling Resolution 1.GA 3 adopted at its first session in June 2006,
- Expresses appreciation for the generous decision of Group V(a) to cede one seat voluntarily to Group I, on an exceptional basis and on the understanding that this decision is not linked to the immediate establishment of an upper limit at this meeting,
- Decides to examine the issue of the upper limit at the next ordinary session of the General Assembly. If a decision is taken on this issue, it will be adopted by a simple majority.
- Decides that, for the purpose of the election at its first extraordinary session, the six seats are distributed among the electoral groups in the following manner: Group I (1); Group II: 1; Group III: 1; Group IV: - ; Group V(a): 2 and Group V(b): 1.