Main areas of work related to the Convention:
Indonesian Batik Foundation has been very active in research, conservation, and advancing batik as a craft and an enterprise through value-added economic activities which in turn will be able to increase income for small-scale and traditional batik craftspersons and entrepreneurs. YBI tries to improve the creativity and techniques of artisans and entrepreneurs by exposure to contemporary fashion, colour and innovation trends in both process and technology.
1. YBI provides infrastructure and facilities to support the implementation of the preservation, protection, development and promotion of batik.
2. YBI supports training and technical information services emphasizing batik motifs and the design of finished batik goods, production techniques, management of batik promotion to support batik entrepreneurship and improve the standard of living in batik communities.
3. YBI conducts innovation and development efforts in order to improve the quality and to diversify batik and their uses in design, fashion, and decoration in order to safeguard batik traditions as a viable economic activity for future generations.
4. YBI works with batik community guardians to empower batik design, motifs, techniques and the use of natural dye colouring to support organic, sustainable batik production.
5. YBI conducts training in batik waste awareness programs in batik villages to include sustainability principles in the production process to minimize waste and maximize recycling and preservation efforts.
6. YBI organizes batik and youth community program in schools to encourage the revitalization of batik and transmission to the younger generation.
7. YBI founded and manages a Batik Museum with the goals to preserve and promote batik within a wider Indonesian cultural context including the history and diverse traditions of batik.
1. Gelar Batik Nusantara (GBN): Exhibition and Conference – Training, Networking, Awards
2. Establishment of the YBI Batik Gallery (Gallery of Indonesian Batik Foundation)
3. YBI Awards
4. Regular visits for training and capacity building in batik villages and communities.
5. Social assistance for batik carftspersons and communities.