Main areas of work related to the Convention:
The Public Union has been involved in the following projects and events related to the safeguarding, promotion and transmission of intangible cultural heritage of Azerbaijan.
1. The Public Union has started the implementation of a project named "Promotion of Nearly Forgotten Fork Art Genres" in March 2010. The project was sponsored by the Council on State Support to NGOs. The samples of the forgotten folk art genres, especially the family-domestic folk plays were gathered, filmed and the educational materials were prepared aiming promotion of these folk arts.
2. In June 2012, the Public Union has started the execution of the project of "Masterworks – Come to Read the Alphabet of Our National Values Together". The objective of the project is to outline the importance of the masterworks in the education of the young generation and to provide information to the young generation in this regard.
3. In October 2012, the Public Union has started the execution of a project named: The National Wealth of the Modern Azerbaijan - Ashiq Art" and has launched a scientific-research program at Caucasian University on 24 October 2012.
4. In April 2014, Dede Gorgud's Da, the Public Union has organized Saz workshops in Baku and Ganja for protection of the old Azerbaijani music instrument of Saz.
1. The Public Union has organized and hosted a seminar for “Uzeyir Hajibayli and the Ashiq Art" in December 2010. The lecturers presented their works on subjects like the importance of folk arts in the Uzeyir Hacibayli's works and the role of Uzeyir Hajibayli in development of Ashiq Art.
2. In collaboration with the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, the Public Union organized the
"Ashiq Competitions between the Young Ashiqs of the Country - a Tribute to Ashiq Shamshir'' on 22 December 2010. 77 young Ashiqs from 33 districts throughout the country performed their works on this occasion.
3. The Public Union organized and hosted an event on 2 February 2011 named the “Role of young Ashiqs in Development of Ashiq Arts". The objective of the event was the safeguarding of traditions and folk arts and also emphasizing on the importance of continuation of all actions undertaken in line with this issue.
4. In collaboration with the Folklore Institute, the Public Union organized the scientific-practical conference on Folk Art of Azerbaijan in the Context of European Civilization on 21 December 2011.
5. On 24 March 24 2012, the Public Union has organized a concert program for the Azerbaijani people in Mainz, Germany within Novruz festival programme.
6. In collaboration with the Council on State Support to NGO, the Public Union implemented a project- conference on "Ashiq-Ozan, the Symbol of United Culture of Azerbaijan- Turkey" in June 2013. The objective of the conference was to contribute to cultural integration between the nations.
7. In collaboration with the Folklore Institute, the Public Union organized an international scientific conference on “The Historical Development Path of Ashiq Art and Ashiq Shamshir's Era" on 7 December 2013. The objective of the event was to investigate the role of the outstanding representative of Ashiq - Ozan Art of 20th century, Ashiq Shamshir in this art and its investigation from scientific and theoretical points of view.
1. In collaboration with the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, the Public Union organized “The
Master Ashiqs are in People's Hearts" as a tribute to the master Ashiqs on 29 June 2011 which was a concert program of Azerbaijani Ashiqs.
2. In collaboration with the Institute of Eurasia International Investigations, the Public Union organized an event dedicated to the 150th anniversary of Master Poet Ashiq Gurbani in June 2012.
3. The Public Union organized an event on 21 December 2012 on the occasion of the 130th anniversary of Hoseyn Javid, an outstanding poet and drama writer. The winners of essay competition on “Hoseyn Javid and the Azerbaijan Literature” held between the students were declared on the event.
4. In collaboration with the Shahriyar" Society, the Public Union has organized an event dedicated to the master Ashiqs of the Republic of AzerbaiJan at House of Nations in Moscow on 3 June 2013.
5. In collaboration with the Baku State University, the Public Union organized an event dedicated to the 105th anniversary of Mir Jalal Pashayev, the outstanding scholar and writer, in December 2013.
The Public Union took part in a book festival on 28 May 2011. Ashiq Shamshir' Cultural Center Public Union was selected as the winner of the Outstanding Cultural Institution for the year 2010 at the 11th Book Festival. The prize was awarded to the Public Union for its role in development of cultural values, its efforts in line with the promotion of Ashiq art and its support provided to the field of culture.
The Public Union has participated in numerous international conferences, festivals and cultural events. It has as well supported many publications on Ashiq Shamshir.
The general objectives of the Ashiq Shamshir Public Union is the collection, research, study, publication, protection, promotion of Azerbaijani Ashiq Art and its transmission to the future generation.
The Public Union has established close relationships with folk experts, musicologists, poets, masters and performers of Ashiq Shamshir as well as with other persons involved or interested in the field of art.