- Having examined document ITH/13/8.COM 1.BUR/1,
- Recalling Chapter V of the Convention and Chapter I of the Operational Directives concerning the examination and approval of international assistance requests,
- Further recalling Document ITH/11/6.COM/CONF.206/10 and the Committee’s Decision 6.COM 10.4,
- Having further examined the revised request for International Assistance submitted by Uruguay in the amount of US$186,871 for the project ‘Documentation, promotion and dissemination of the Candombe traditional drum calls, expressions of identity of the Sur, Palermo, and Cordón neighbourhoods in the city of Montevideo’,
- Decides that the conditions established by the Committee in its decision 6.COM 10.4 for the granting of such assistance have been satisfied by the requesting State;
- Approves the request in the maximum amount of US$186,871 and requests the Secretariat to reach agreement with the State Party on the technical details of the assistance, including a timetable for its implementation with regular reporting and evaluation of the project;
- Encourages the requesting State to ensure proper human resources allocation and coordination of the different partners involved in the implementation of the project, in particular to promote the sustainability of its results after the financing of the Intangible Cultural Heritage Fund.